The goal of this certification program is to ensure that knowledgeable contractors are selected to place the product and thereby minimize the chance for failure. BCRMCA is the local sponsoring group in BC for the Pervious Concrete Technician Program through the National Ready-Mixed Concrete Association (NRMCA).
Three levels of certification are available:
1. A Pervious Concrete Technician is a person who demonstrated knowledge about proper procedures to place, compact, finish, edge, joint, cure and protect pervious concrete pavements, but who lacks the requisite field experience to qualify as a pervious concrete Installer or Craftsman.
2. A Pervious Concrete Installer is a person who has demonstrated the ability to place, compact, finish, edge, joint, cure and protect pervious concrete pavements but has documented limited project-based field experience in placing pervious concrete.
3. A Pervious Concrete Craftsman is a person who has demonstrated the ability to place, compact, finish, edge, joint, cure and protect pervious concrete pavements and has documented a higher level of field time-based experience in placing pervious concrete.
The program requires knowledge in the following areas of concrete construction:
- Basic concrete technology
- Pervious concrete materials and mix proportioning
- Proper use of tools and equipment
- General design principles of pervious concrete pavements
- Pervious concrete construction
- Maintenance and troubleshooting
For more information on this certification program contact BCRMCA at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-626-4141.